Maricopa County URGENT Dust Permit Updates from Earthworks
By Cherie Koester // 2020-09-09
The Maricopa County Air Quality Department (MCAQD) in Arizona recently rolled out a new permitting system affecting the Dust Compliance / Earthmoving permits. Earthworks has contacted MCAQD in order to obtain some clarifications, and we’d like to share the following updates:
- The dust permit project sign should reflect the Facility ID number (F- #). This number will no longer change upon renewal, but remain the same for the life of the project as long as the same permit holder is the one to renew the permit annually.
- If you are still operating under a current E19- or E20- dust permit, your permit is still valid until its expiration date. You will be issued a Facility ID # upon renewal and for all new permits moving forward. All dust permits will be on the Facility ID # system as of June 16th, 2021.
- Dust permits issued under the new system also show a permit number starting with the letter “D”. This is actually considered the application number, and will change each time an update is made to the permit. MCAQD will be removing this “permit number” from the Dust Control Permit cover page to avoid confusion. The Facility ID number (F-) should be referenced whenever contacting MCAQD regarding your permit.
- MCAQD is currently in the process of incorporating these permitting updates to their dust control training classes, handbooks, field guides, etc.
- MCAQD will distribute inspection reports via email as several separate files. The Facility ID # will be in the email subject line. The project name does not currently appear on inspection reports, but will be eventually incorporated.
- You may use the dust application search portal (https://dm.maricopa.gov/disclaimer.jsf) to retrieve information about your current permits. If you search by “Company”, you will see your current active permits. The functionality to be able to search by Facility ID # is currently in development.
Earthworks continues to be your trade partner with the highest level of customer service in industry. Please feel free to reach out to me directly or the office with any questions.
Earthworks Environmental 480.436.0041